Patient Advice for Ordering Tests
Learn More About Armin Labs
Patient Advice for ordering tests
Instructions for using the ArminLabs test kit for tick – borne diseases
- Decide which tests you wish to order. Please call the Academy of Nutritional Medicine (AONM) helpline on 03331 210 305 if you need help with following the instructions, or email firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will get back to you as fast as possible.
- Once your tests have been selected and you have calculated the final price for the tests and courier shipment, please make your payment (see the payment instructions on the back of the order form). After making your payment you will receive an authorisation code (either over the phone if paying by credit card, or by email) that is specific to your particular transaction.
*Please note that your blood samples cannot be processed without this authorisation code.*
- Please clearly enter the authorisation code on the order form in the space provided.
- Please note that the blood needs to be sent on the same day that it is drawn. Make sure that you call FedEx (0345 607 0809) the working day before (ideally) or (at the very latest) on the morning of the phlebotomy appointment to find out the earliest possible pickup time after your blood draw for Next Day Delivery to Augsburg, postcode 86154 (see FedEx booking instructions below).
Your shipment is classified as UN3373 Biological Substance Category B.
If asked give FedEx the 12-digit tracking number that starts with 77 or 79 (you will find it in the middle of the two barcodes on the waybill that is inside the pocket on the orange FedEx bag).
- Once FedEx has told you the pickup time slot that they can manage from your location, make an appointment with your phlebotomist/doctor. Please make sure that the appointment is on a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday (so the sample gets to Germany in time to be tested before the weekend), and that you leave at least 30 minutes before the FedEx pickup slot begins to allow the blood that time to stand.
- Please ensure that you take your test kit with you to the phlebotomist/doctor unless you have been informed that that phlebotomy location already has test kits available.
- All the tubes need filling (unless your therapist gives you instructions to the contrary).
- The tubes should be filled in the following order
First: 1 x serum tube (orange cap)
Second: 3 x CPDA tube ( yellow cap)
Third: 1 x heparin tube (green cap)
Fourth: 1 x EDTA tube (purple cap)
- Each of the tubes needs inverting carefully around 10 times after taking blood.
- Please make sure the patient’s name and date of birth are written on every tube.
- Keep all blood samples upright in a rack for 30 minutes (with the cap at the top).
- Please make sure that samples are stored at room temperature at all times, and are NOT centrifuged!
- After a minimum of 30 minutes, put the tubes into the box.
- Place the completed order form with the authorisation no. inside the box. Close the box.
- Place the box in the FedEx bag. Remove the strip from the adhesive tape on the FedEx bag and seal the bag.
- Please keep a copy of the of the form you give to the courier so you have a record of the tracking number.
- Please ensure that you have a FedEx bag that has a waybill inserted in the pouch. The waybill should have the destination address of ArminsLabs in Augsburg pre-printed on it.
- If you have not done so already, please call FedEx on 0345 607 0809 to arrange collection of the samples. Contact us for FedEx account details. Please give FedEx your full address, your telephone number (in case they need to call you) and the post code of the destination address.Please ensure that you record the FedEx pick up number that you will be given by the FedEx operator. If asked:
The package is less than 0.5kg and it is a FedEx UN3373 Clinical Pack
The tracking number is usually in the middle of the two barcodes on the waybill, (it usually starts with 77 or 79).
Please call our help line on 03331 210 305 if you require assistance.
We will be happy to help.
Download Patient Instructions in PDF Format