AONM collects two types of personal information.
1. Personal health information from individuals is knowingly and voluntarily submitted and necessary for providing guidance in the ordering of tests, ordering tests and when the results of tests are received from the laboratory to relay back to the individual or practitioner who requested the test. This information is of a sensitive health nature. Any individual (or practitioner on their behalf) providing personal information in order to receive guidance from AONM or to order a test clearly does so under their own determinism and with full awareness of giving it.
When requesting advice in an email the individual or practitioner originates personal and sensitive health data. When ordering tests there is an order form to be filled in with the relevant privacy notice and authorisation.
Order forms all have a privacy notice compliant with data protection law. In any event, this information is used solely for the use of testing (providing guidance for appropriate tests, ordering tests and providing the results of tests) and is not used for any other purpose. No contact details of any individual who has passed through our testing procedures will be used for other purposes (such as receiving information about events and other activities of AONM) unless specifically requested. This information is, however, passed through to the relevant laboratory(ies) that carry(ies) out the test(s). No information provided by any individual will be passed to any third party other than the laboratory(ies) in question who carry out the tests, who in turn have the same data protection obligation.
Individuals occasionally lose their results and then request these again from AONM. For this reason personal information is kept for up to 5 years and then deleted.
2. Contact details of individuals interested in services, activities and products of AONM are used solely for that purpose and with the consent of the individual. This information is not shared with other parties other than for the express purpose of providing these services, activities and products to that individual.
Any individual information retained by AONM can be accessed by the person concerned upon request and will be deleted should this be requested. This can be done by sending an email to email@example.com from the address wishing to be removed with the title “remove” or by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the AONM website (www.aonm.org).
3. Information is gathered according to REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)
Furthermore, collecting information of a sensitive health nature is permissible according to Article 9 of this regulation and AONM also relies upon this exemption:
1.Processing of personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation shall be prohibited.
2. Paragraph 1 shall not apply if one of the following applies:
(h) processing is necessary for the purposes of preventive or occupational medicine, for the assessment of the working capacity of the employee, medical diagnosis, the provision of health or social care or treatment or the management of health or social care systems and services on the basis of Union or Member State law or pursuant to contract with a health professional and subject to the conditions and safeguards referred to in paragraph 3;
3. Personal data referred to in paragraph 1 may be processed for the purposes referred to in point (h) of paragraph 2 when those data are processed by or under the responsibility of a professional subject to the obligation of professional secrecy under Union or Member State law or rules established by national competent bodies or by another person also subject to an obligation of secrecy under Union or Member State law or rules established by national competent bodies.