What is Pro Immune M food testing
Learn More About Food Intolerance Testing
What is PRO IMMUNE M®?
PRO IMMUNE M® is a laboratory test that can be done to detect an individual’s intolerance to a wide range of different foods. Patients with a food intolerance may display, amongst others, one or more of the following symptoms:
Migraines, streaming and itchy eyes, hay fever, asthma, recurring colds, tonsillitis and middle-ear infections, blocked nose, blocked sinuses, eczema, psoriasis, skin breakouts, joint pain, mood swings, flatulence, diarrhoea, bloating, burping, trapped wind, constipation, restlessness, poor concentration, thyroid problems, chronic pain.
Using Pro Immune M® can help you discover if a food intolerance underlies these symptoms.
It is a simple procedure that a patient can do him or herself. We provide a small kit and the patient takes a pinprick of blood from the thumb or wherever suitable and this is then sent off to the laboratory for testing.
You will receive an extensive report on all the results along with advice on how best to deal with any intolerances found.
WHAT DOES PRO IMMUNE M TEST FOR?
Pro Immune M® tests for IgG 1 – 4 antibodies, looking for delayed defensive reactions that start 4 – 72 hours after an antigen has been consumed. The antibodies are isolated from the patient’s blood and brought into contact with food proteins, under the guidance and supervision of a specialist laboratory doctor.
WHAT MAKES PRO IMMUNE M DIFFERENT FROM OTHER FOOD INTOLERANCE TESTS?
- Pro Immune M® tests for IgG 1 – 4 antibodies. Many other widely-available food intolerance tests just test for IgG 4, which could result in a false negative result for a patient.
- Pro Immune M® tests for reactions against up to 270 potential antigens.
- Most antigens in the Pro Immune M® test are foods, but also included are Candida Albicans yeast and aspergillus niger, a mould that grows on some grains during storage. This can highlight a separate reason for intolerance to certain grains that would not otherwise show up in tests for the specific foods only.
- The food proteins used in the test are organic. This avoids potential cross-reactivity with pesticides, fungicides and herbicides that could occur with intolerance tests that use conventionally-farmed foods for testing.
- Detailed test results show the strength of the immune system reaction to a food, graded from 1 (weakest) to 3 (strongest), allowing you to prioritise food elimination with your patient to improve compliance.
- Test results are accompanied by a personalised food rotation plan, shopping list and an optional recipe book for your patient, all of which exclude foods that Pro Immune M® has revealed as causing intolerances. You can also choose to exclude other foods from these, regardless of the Pro Immune M® findings – for example, due to previous diagnoses such as a food allergy (IgE mediated).
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU RECEIVE POSITIVE VALUES FOR CERTAIN ANTIGENS?
As explained in the test results you receive, it is recommended that antigens are excluded from the patient’s diet for specified periods of time:
Reaction 3: Avoid the food for 6 – 12 months
Reaction 2: Avoid the food for 4 – 10 months
Reaction 1: Avoid the food for 3 – 9 months
IgG1 – 4 antibody tests against foods play an important role in Cell Symbiosis Therapy (CST), and other elements of CST may be helpful. Go to www.cst-academy.co.uk and www.aonm.org/what-are-mitochondria to find out more.
PRO IMMUNE M® – TEST 1: 43 ANTIGENS
Almonds, barley, beef, broccoli, carrots, celeriac, cherries, chicken, cod, coffee, crayfish, cucumber, garlic, gluten, goat/sheep milk & cheese, hazelnuts, honey, horseradish, linseed, raw cow’s milk, mustard seeds, oats, oyster mushrooms, peanuts, pineapple, pistachios, poppy seeds, pork, raspberries, red cabbage, cow rennet cheese, rye, sour-milk products, soyabeans, spelt, sunflower seeds, sweet peppers, tomatoes, watermelon, wheat, whole eggs, yeast.
PRO IMMUNE M® – TEST 2: 91 ANTIGENS
All the antigens of Test 1 plus: apples, apricots, aubergines, bananas, basil, beetroot, buckwheat, butterhead lettuce, button mushrooms, cane sugar, cashews kernels, cayenne, cinnamon, cocoa beans, courgettes, cow’s milk (raw), grapes/raisins, green beans, guar flour (E412), kiwis, lamb, lamb’s lettuce, leeks, lemons, maize sweetcorn, millet, nectarines, nutmeg, olives, onions, oranges, oregano, paprika, parsley, peas, pepper (black and white), peppermint, perch, pollock, potatoes, pumpkin seeds, rice, rosemary, salmon, sesame, strawberries, thyme, tuna, turkey, turnips, vanilla, walnuts.
PRO IMMUNE M® TEST 3: 181 ANTIGENS
All the antigens of Test 1 and 2 plus: amaranth, anchovies, arrowroot, artichokes, asparagus, avocados, bok choy, brazil nuts, bream, broad beans, Brussel sprouts, camel’s milk, carob, carp, cassava root, cauliflower, celery, chard (beet greens), chestnut, chickpeas, chicory, chives, coconut, cod, curly kale, dates, deer, duck, eel, endives, figs, fonio, goat’s meat, goose (meat & eggs), haddock, hake, halibut, halloumi, hare, herring, iceberg lettuce, Jerusalem artichokes, kamut, kefir, kohlrabi, lentils, lollo rosso, lupins, lychees, macadamia nuts, mackerel, mangoes, mare’s milk, milk (heated), mirabelle, mung beans, ostrich meat, papaya, parsnips, peaches, pears, pine nuts, plaice, plums, pumpkin, quail (meat & eggs), quinoa, rabbit, radicchio, radishes (red/white), ricotta, rocket, roe deer, romaine lettuce, sardines, savoy cabbage, shark, sole, spinach, squid & cuttlefish, sweet potatoes, swordfish, tapioca, teff, trout, veal, white cabbage, wild boar, zander.
PRO IMMUNE M® TEST 4: 270 ANTIGENS
All the antigens of Test 1, 2 and 3 plus: agar agar, agave nectar, alfalfa, allspice, aloe vera, angler monkfish, aniseed, aspergillus niger, bamboo shoots, basa fish, bay leaves, benzoic acid (E211), black/redcurrants, blackberries, blue mussels, blueberries, chamomile, candida albicans, candied lemon peel, capers, caraway, cardamom, carrageen (E407), cep mushrooms, chanterelle, chervil, chili Habanero/Jalapeno, cloves, coffee, coriander, cranberries, cumin, curcumin (E100), dandelion, dill, egg white/yolk, fennel, garden cress, ginger, gooseberries, grapefruit, guava, honeydew melon, juniper berries, lavender, lemon balm, limes, lingonberries, lobster, lovage, mandarins, maple syrup, marjoram, moluchia, nettles, nori seaweed, octopus, okra, oyster mushrooms, oysters, pectin (E440), pomegranate, prickly pear, quince, raspberries, red snapper, rhubarb, rooibos tea, rosehips, saffron, sage, scallops, sea bass, sea buckthorn, shiitake, shrimps/prawns, sorbic acid (E 200), spirulina, sweet chestnuts, tannin, tea black & green, tragacanth (E413), vine leaves, wild garlic, winter savoury, xanthan gum.